Add Your Event
Adding Events to the Reggae Calendar:
Adding events to our calendar is FREE! Our calendar is updated every few days and events are added in the order in which they occur, so be sure to complete the steps below far in advance of your event (we recommend at least one month in advance).
If you find an event on Facebook that you think should be on the calendar but is not your event, you can post it on our Facebook page or message our Facebook page and include a link to the event. You do not need to be involved in an event to get it added to the reggae calendar.
STEP 1: CONFIRM
Before adding your event, you must confirm ALL of the following:
1. Your event will occur in Northern California (maps).
2. Your event is in person (no online-only events) and is public (no private parties).
3. Your event will feature at least 50% reggae/dancehall music (that is, at least 50% of the time length of your event will have reggae/dancehall music), will have a designated area for reggae/dancehall, or is a festival with a strong reggae/dancehall presence.
4. You have created a PUBLIC Facebook event page for your event.
STEP 2: ADD
Once you have confirmed ALL of the above, you may add your event to the calendar by doing ANY of the following:
1. Post/share the Facebook event page on our Facebook group wall. You must join this group in order to post to it. BE SURE to include your request to have the event added to the calendar in your post.
2. Send/share the Facebook event page in a message to our Facebook page. BE SURE to include your request to have the event added to the calendar in your post.
3. Post/share the Facebook event page on our Facebook page. BE SURE to include your request to have the event added to the calendar in your post.
4. Email a link to the Facebook event page to email@example.com. BE SURE to include "Reggae Calendar" in the subject line and your request to have the event added to the calendar in the message.
When events are added to the calendar they are also shared in our Facebook group and posted on our Facebook business page.
Events are also added to our page's events list.
If you have any questions about posting events on the calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.